Below is a copy of our current tour newsletter. To subscribe to our newsletter, absolutely free of charge, please click here.
Tour Newsletter Dated June 29, 2020
Dear Vacations To Go Customer,As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, guided tours around the world temporarily stopped operating. We believe that tours in the U.S. will be the first to resume, and we will let you know when they are operating again.
We are awaiting word as to when tours will resume in Europe. Earlier this month, the European Union announced that it will begin accepting visitors from some non-EU countries this week. Although travelers from the U.S. are not yet allowed, this is a meaningful step toward a larger reopening.
This week, I'll tell you about some fantastic tours of the Mediterranean. These 2021 itineraries reveal the history, art, cuisine and traditions of cities and towns in Italy, France, Greece, Croatia and more.
Mediterranean Highlights, 13 days with Trafalgar -- A route through Spain, France, Monaco and Italy offers guided sightseeing and free time in destinations like Barcelona and Florence. Shop for local specialties at a Provencal market and enjoy a traditional Tuscan meal at a 12th-century castle.
Spanish Fiesta, 14 days with Globus -- Join a tour that circles through Spain, starting in Madrid, where you'll visit the world-class Prado Museum. See the site of the "running of the bulls" on Calle Estafeta in Pamplona, visit the Sagrada Familia Basilica in Barcelona and see Alhambra Palace in Granada.
Treasures of Greece & the Islands, 14 days with Insight -- This trip provides an introduction to the antiquities, seafront villages and other charms of Greece. See the Parthenon in Athens, meet pottery artisans, join a cooking demonstration and spend your time as you wish during days of leisure on Mykonos and Santorini.
Mediterranean Flavors, 14 days with Cosmos -- This itinerary skims the coasts of Spain, France and Italy, stopping to explore such destinations as Barcelona, Marseille, Nice, Venice and the cliff-hugging villages of the Cinque Terre.
Captivating Croatia and Montenegro, 12 days with Luxury Gold -- Visit iconic landmarks and hidden gems on this trip to stunning Adriatic cities. Discover Dubrovnik's rich heritage, see how oysters are harvested on the floating oyster beds of the Adriatic and marvel at the stunning cascades of Plitvice Lakes National Park.
Spotlight on the French Riviera, 9 days with Collette -- The French city of Nice serves as home base for this vacation, where guests take guided excursions of the surrounding area. Visit a seaside palazzo in St. Jean-Cap-Ferrat, for example, and learn the secrets of perfume making at the Fragonard Perfumerie.
Highlights of Spain, Morocco & Portugal, 16 days with CostSaver -- Spend a little over two weeks soaking up the culture of three dynamic countries. Visit the bustling cities of Madrid and Marrakesh, cross the Strait of Gibraltar and then explore the colorful facades of Seville and the hilly capital of Lisbon.
A Sicilian Odyssey, 10 days with Tauck -- Roam the Mediterranean's largest island and discover medieval hilltop towns and waterfront cities. Here you'll visit Greek temples, dine at a family-owned winery and see the Sicilian Baroque UNESCO World Heritage Sites of Noto and Ragusa Ibla.
12 Day Albania, Montenegro, Croatia & Slovenia, 12 days with Gate 1 Travel -- This itinerary showcases four Eastern Mediterranean countries. Tour Shkodra, one of Albania's oldest cities, and Durmitor National Park in Montenegro, filled with pine forests and lakes. Dubrovnik, Croatia, is a beautiful walled city, while Bled Castle is the oldest fortress in Slovenia, dating to the 11th century.
Hidden Treasures of Southern Italy, 9 days with Globus -- Two-night hotel stays in Naples and Sorrento bookend this Southern Italy exploration. See the the cone-shaped homes of Alberobello, tour the underground caves of Castellana Grotte and visit the magnificent royal residence of the Bourbons in Naples.
1) The Sicilian, 10 days with Globus. Begins in Palermo and ends in Taormina. Save 10%. Starting at $2,299. Departures from April 3 through October 23, 2021.
2) Madrid & Southern Spain, 10 days with Cosmos. Begins and ends in Madrid. Save $200 per couple. Starting at $1,439. Departures from May 7 through October 1, 2021.
3) Rhythms of the South, 11 days with CostSaver. Begins in Nashville and ends in New Orleans. Pay a reduced deposit of $99 per person. Starting at $1,645. Departures from March 15 through October 25, 2021.
4) Irish Heritage, 7 days with CIE Tours. Begins in Limerick and ends in Dublin. Starting at $1,749. Departures from March 8 through October 4, 2021.
5) Best of Portugal, 11 days with Trafalgar. Begins and ends in Lisbon. Save 10%. Plus, pay a reduced deposit of $99 per person. Starting at $1,953. Departures from March 24 through October 20, 2021.
6) Islands of New England, 8 days with Collette. Begins in Providence and ends in Cape Cod. Starting at $1,999. Departures from May 7 through October 15, 2021.
7) Greece Island Hopper, 11 days with Collette. Begins and ends in Athens. Starting at $2,599. Departures from April 17 through October 22, 2021.
8) America's Canyonlands, 8 days with Tauck. Begins in Phoenix and ends in Las Vegas. Starting at $3,990. Departures from March 29 through October 15, 2021.
9) Mediterranean Journey, 17 days with Insight. Begins in London and ends in Rome. Save 10%. Plus, pay a reduced deposit of $99 per person. Starting at $4,383. Departures from April 23 through October 1, 2021.
10) French Vogue, 10 days with Luxury Gold. Begins in Paris and ends in Nice. Save 10%. Plus, pay a reduced deposit of $99 per person. Starting at $4,945. Departures from May 22 through October 9, 2021.
Vacations To Go